Xbox Series S vs PS4 Slim in 2023 which one should I buy? well, this question arises when you decide to buy a console at around Rs.30,000. So, you will have two options Xbox Series S or PS4 and you have to buy one of them.
But are you confused or not able to decide which will be perfect for me?
well, this article will clear out the confusion about buying an Xbox or PS4. Before going through the article let’s clear out some important questions and don’t miss the conclusion part.
Also Read: Is Motorola Edge Plus Worth Buying in 2023?
Table of Contents
Does the Xbox Series S run better than PS4 Slim?
Yes, Xbox Series S runs faster and better than PS4. Xbox has a faster storage section and powerful hardware configuration. Also, the Xbox Series S is a much newer gaming console than the Sony PS4.
Is it better to buy a gaming console or PC?
Gamers can play games on both consoles and PC but not every gamer plays both of them. The console is simply dedicated to just for gaming. On the other hand, the PC is dedicated to many uses it can be used for gaming, office work, video editing, and much more. Therefore, deciding which will be perfect for you is in your hands. What is your purpose with PC or Console?
Xbox Series S vs PS4 Slim: Specs
The Xbox Series S is a newly launched console that only comes with a digital edition. This means you can’t play Xbox games with physical CDs. This is the main drawback of this console. The main advantage of physical CDs is that if you have completed any game, you can just sell out and receive half of the money. But on the other hand, digital games can’t be sold.
This console can play games at a maximum 1440P resolution and also, supports 4k resolution which can be achieved by upscaling. Also, the maximum frame rate it provides is 120 FPS at 2k which makes the gaming experience really good. The Xbox Series S comes with the latest GDDR6 RAM which makes this console faster than the PS4 Slim. Let’s, some specs of the console:
- CPU: 8X Cores @ 3.6 GHz (3.4 GHz w/SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
- GPU: 4 TFLOPS, 20 CUs @1.565 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU
- Memory: 10GB GDDR6 128-bit-wide bus
- Storage: 512GB Custom NVME SSD
- Resolution: 1440p
- Frame Rates: Up to 120 FPS
- Optical: No disk drive
Also Read: Is The Samsung S10 Worth Buy in 2023?
The PS4 Slim was launched on September 15, 2016, which makes this console somewhat outdated. No doubt, it is the most loved and popular gaming console of all time. But we are comparing this console with the latest launched console that really makes this outdated console. This console is outdated for many reasons, like this has a slower HDD, weak performance, and slower RAM.
This console can play games at a maximum of 1080P resolution. Also, the maximum frame rate it provides is 30 FPS at FHD which makes the gaming experience less enjoyable than Xbox Series S. The PS 4 Slim comes with GDDR5 RAM which makes this console slower than the Xbox Series S. Let’s, some specs of the console:
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon-based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage: 1 TB
- Resolution: 1080P
- Frame Rate: 30FPS at 1080P
- Optical: Yes, the disk drive is available
Why Is It To Buy PS4 Slim?
|Replaceable||Hard Disk is replaceable|
|Touchpad||Has an integrated touchpad|
|Optical Disk||Has an optical disc drive|
|Optical Tracking||Has optical tracking|
|Discs||Can play Blu-ray Discs|
Why Is It To Buy Xbox Series S?
|CPU Speed||8 x 3.6GHz|
|GPU TFLOPS||4 TFLOPS|
|GPU Clock Speed||1565MHz|
|External Slot||Has an external memory slot|
Should I Go For PlayStation 5
The answer may be yes or no because it depends on you, if you have the budget for PS 5 then just go for it. The PS 5 is a newly launched console that is a direct competitor of the Xbox Series X. This console has beat the Xbox Series S hopefully. Let’s see some specs so that you configure your buying option:
- CPU: Eight-core up to 3.5GHz AMD Ryzen Zen 2
- GPU: 10.3 teraflops, up to 2.23 GHz
- RAM: 16GB GDDR6
- Framerate: Up to 120fps
- Resolution: Up to 8K
- Optical: No disk drive
- Storage: 825GB NVMe SSD
As you can see, these specs are powerful enough for smooth games at 4k 120fps. It also supports 8k but by upscaling and there are few games that support 8k resolution. Even, the number of people who have an 8k screen or TV is much less and an 8k display is very expensive. It has more RAM and faster GPU teraflops.
So, considering PS 5 over Xbox Series X is a good option but only valid if have enough budget for PS 5. Also, the availability of the PS 5 is much less than the Xbox Series S. So, keep in mind the stock of PS 5 is not available at the current time. Big e-commerce companies like Amazon and Flipkart, have no stock of PS 5 which may cause problems in buying PS 5.
The final verdict is clearly you should go for Xbox Series S only in valid available options:
- If your budget is very tight, then you should go for the Xbox Series S. The drawbacks of the Xbox Series S are the 512 GB storage option only and not many games available.
- kept in mind while buying Xbox Series S – The storage becomes full by just installing a few games. An external SSD can cost much and it is very expensive to buy an external SSD for Xbox. The second cheap storage option is HDD but an HDD can slow down the loading speed of a game.
- If you have the budget for PS 5 again just go for PS 5. You will have an 825 GB storage section which can store more games than the Xbox Series S. Also, a better gaming experience will given out by PlayStation. Big exclusive titles like God Of War, Last Of Us, Gran Turismo, etc. are only available for the PlayStation platform only.