Also Read: Windows Server Active Directory- Clear Basic
Accessing the Settings
To kick off the setup process, follow these straightforward steps:
- Open your phone’s settings.
- Navigate to the “Network & Internet” section.
Adding a New eSIM
Now that you’re in the “Network & Internet” section, proceed as follows:
- Look for the “Mobile Network” or “SIM Cards” option (it may vary slightly depending on your phone’s version). Usually, you’ll find a “+” or “Add” button related to SIM cards.
- Tap this button to initiate the eSIM setup.
Downloading the eSIM
Before you can use your eSIM, you’ll need to download it. Here’s how:
- Scroll down the menu options until you find “Download as eSIM” or a similar choice.
- Click on it to begin the download process.
Ensuring Internet Connectivity
To successfully complete the eSIM setup, your phone will require an active internet connection. You can use your existing SIM card’s data or connect to a Wi-Fi network. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to add the eSIM without internet access.
Scanning the QR Code
Once you’re connected to the internet, you’re ready to scan the QR code provided for your eSIM. Follow these steps:
- Use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code.
- Your phone should detect the code almost instantly.
- Click “Download” as soon as the eSIM is detected. Typically, this process is quick, taking just a few seconds.
Activating the eSIM
Now that you’ve downloaded the eSIM, it’s time to activate it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Return to the settings menu.
- Look for the “SIM Cards” or “Mobile Network” section.
- You’ll see your downloaded eSIM listed as “inactive.” Click on it.
- Enable the option to use the eSIM as your active SIM card.
- If prompted, enter the PIN code provided by your network or the place where you purchased the eSIM.
- Remember, you can later disable the PIN code requirement if you prefer.
Also Read: OnePlus 11R – Is This The Best Phone To Buy?
Setting Up Call and Data Preferences
Lastly, you need to specify which SIM card to use for making calls and for data connections. Here’s how:
- In the settings, locate the option for “Call Preferences” or “Data Preferences.”
- Choose the preferred SIM card for making calls.
- You’ll receive calls on both SIM cards, but this setting specifies which one to use for outgoing calls.
With these steps completed, your eSIM should be up and running seamlessly alongside your physical SIM card. Enjoy the convenience of dual SIM functionality on your Google Pixel 6A.
In summary, setting up an eSIM on your Google Pixel 6A or Pixel 7 is a simple process that unlocks the power of dual SIM functionality. Just follow the steps outlined in this guide, ensuring you have an active internet connection for a smooth setup.
With eSIM, you can easily manage multiple phone numbers and enjoy increased flexibility in your mobile communications. Embrace the convenience of eSIM technology on your Pixel device and enhance your smartphone experience.
Also Read: Is The Samsung S10 Worth Buy in 2023?